Download PDF by Andrea F. Polard,Teresa Wright: A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach
By Andrea F. Polard,Teresa Wright
The Western international teaches us that happiness comes from achievement—from environment targets and actively pursuing them. japanese knowledge teaches us that hand over is the foremost, that we needs to allow pass as a way to event the nice circulate of being that's simply on hand within the current second. How can we take the simplest knowledge from either one of those techniques, and honor what Dr. Andrea Polard calls “the wings of happiness” that permit us to actually soar?
Discover Dr. Polard's groundbreaking synthesis of Western considering and jap philosophy with A Unified idea of Happiness, a hot and customized advisor for the transformation of recognition that enables own healthiness and success to flourish. whereas our lives are choked with ups and downs, Dr. Polard teaches us that we do not have to permit those ups and downs keep an eye on our event of lifestyles. A Unified thought of Happiness teaches you the abilities to settle on and settle for happiness via illuminating:
- How to navigate the lively “Basic Mode” and the non-active “Supreme Mode” of realization to reply to life's complexities with flexibility
- Tools to construct ambition, competence, self assurance, and connection—essential features of reconciling with life's fragility and development a fascinating, real self
- Paths to receptivity, tranquility, reliance, and lightheartedness—keys to gaining access to your normal reference to the complete of being, and figuring out your non-dual self
- The idea of Elastic Consciousness—a balanced position in excellent accord with an authentically lived life
“Happiness,” says Dr. Polard, “is a fancy course that turns into effortless in basic terms as we stroll it.” ultimately, here's a paintings that gives a accomplished knowing of happiness that honors the complete spectrum of life's choices whereas broadening your adventure of its inherent joy.
Read Online or Download A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life PDF
Best customs & traditions books
Veneration of the pass performs an incredible function in Hispanic renowned faith. yet for the Mozarabs, a Catholic group that lines its roots to the Visigoths and Hispano-Romans of seventh-century Spain, veneration of the Cross--particularly the Lignum Crucis, a relic of the ""True Cross""--has served to hitch devotion to Christ with a strong image of religio-ethnic id and survival within the face of persecution.
All through time and in each tradition, humans have eaten jointly. Commensality - consuming and ingesting on the similar desk - is a primary social task, which creates and cements relationships. It additionally units limitations, together with or aside from humans in accordance with a suite of standards outlined via the society.
Utilizing fathers' first-hand money owed from letters, journals, and private interviews in addition to clinic documents and clinical literature, Judith Walzer Leavitt bargains a brand new viewpoint at the altering function of expectant fathers from the Forties to the Eighties. She exhibits how, as males moved first from the clinic ready room to the exertions room within the Nineteen Sixties, after which directly to the supply and birthing rooms within the Nineteen Seventies and Nineteen Eighties, they grew to become a growing number of thinking about the beginning adventure and their impression over occasions multiplied.
In studying among the symptoms, Anna Mindess offers a viewpoint on a tradition that's not extensively understood - American Deaf tradition. With the collaboration of 3 unusual Deaf experts, Mindess explores the results of cultural changes on the intersection of the Deaf and listening to worlds.
- Food, People and Society: A European Perspective of Consumers' Food Choices
- The Invention of Tradition (Canto Classics)
- A Free People: Tracing Our Hmong Roots
- Listening to Nineteenth-Century America
- Mimesis and Pacific Transcultural Encounters: Making Likenesses in Time, Trade, and Ritual Reconfigurations (ASAO Studies in Pacific Anthropology)
- A Guide to Fairs and Festivals in the United States
Additional info for A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life
A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life by Andrea F. Polard,Teresa Wright