Get Beirut, Imagining the City: Space and Place in Lebanese PDF
By Ghenwa Hayek
Read Online or Download Beirut, Imagining the City: Space and Place in Lebanese Literature (Library of Modern Middle East Studies) PDF
Best violence in society books
The recent Bullying: How social media, social exclusion, legislation and suicide have replaced our definition of bullying – and what to do approximately it" is basically involved in the problem of the way bullying has replaced from approximately 1997 to 2012. The authors' thesis used to be that bullying has replaced significantly, yet that a few adults should not conscious of the switch.
At 1:27 at the morning of August four, 2005, Herbert Manes fatally stabbed Robert Monroe, often called Shorty, in a dispute over 5 funds. It was once a awful but mundane incident for the negative, seriously African American local of North Philadelphia—one of 7 homicides to happen within the urban that day and but no longer make the foremost newspapers.
Civil wars are the dominant type of violence within the modern foreign procedure, but they're something yet neighborhood affairs. This ebook explores the border-crossing positive aspects of such wars by way of bringing jointly insights from diplomacy concept, sociology, and transnational politics with a wealthy comparative-quantitative literature.
In Sacred Violence, the prestigious political and criminal theorist Paul W. Kahn investigates the explanations for the inn to violence attribute of premodern states. In a startling argument, he contends that legislation won't ever supply an sufficient account of political violence. as an alternative, we needs to flip to political theology, which unearths that torture and terror are, primarily, types of sacrifice.
- Postmortem Fingerprinting and Unidentified Human Remains (Forensic Studies for Criminal Justice)
- Beyond Individual and Collective Trauma: Intergenerational Transmission, Psychoanalytic Treatment, and the Dynamics of Forgiveness
- A Bridge Over Troubled Water: Conflicts and Reconciliation in Groups and Society (The EFPP Monograph Series)
- Violencia y transiciones políticas a finales del siglo XX: Europa del Sur - América Latina (Collection de la Casa de Velázquez) (Spanish Edition)
- Islamism and the West: From "Cultural Attack" to "Missionary Migrant" (Routledge Studies in Political Islam)
- Video Surveillance and Social Control in a Comparative Perspective (Routledge Studies in Science, Technology and Society)
Extra info for Beirut, Imagining the City: Space and Place in Lebanese Literature (Library of Modern Middle East Studies)
Beirut, Imagining the City: Space and Place in Lebanese Literature (Library of Modern Middle East Studies) by Ghenwa Hayek