Read e-book online Sociological Theory PDF
By George Ritzer,Jeffrey N. Stepnisky
Now with SAGE Publishing, and co-authored by means of one of many superior professionals on sociological conception, the Tenth Edition of Sociological Theory by way of George Ritzer and Jeffrey Stepnisky supplies readers a finished assessment of the main theorists and faculties of sociological suggestion, from sociology's origins during the early 21st century. Key theories are built-in with biographical sketches of theorists, and are put of their ancient and highbrow context. this article is helping scholars higher comprehend the unique works of classical and smooth theorists, and allows them to check and distinction the newest substantial concepts.
New to this Edition
- Chapter 1 now features a dialogue of colonialism as one of many forces that formed smooth society.
- The “Historical cartoon” chapters comprise new fabric at the historic importance of early ladies founders, and at the contributions of W.E.B. Du Bois.
- Chapters on Marx, Durkheim, Weber, and Simmel now finish with sections on modern purposes of rules from those 19th century thinkers.
- A new bankruptcy focuses theories of race, racism, and colonialism, in addition to theories approximately indigenous peoples and theories from the “Global South” that problem the paintings of students from Europe and North America.
- The concluding bankruptcy has a brand new part on theories of prosumption, one of many most recent advancements in buyer idea.
- New fabric on colonization, girls classical theorists, and race thought, in addition to new timelines, extra to heritage chapters.